1st: Daily Read the Bible
- Matt. 4:4 Jesus said, "Man shall NOT live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
- Psalm 119:11, "Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee."
- Start reading these books of the Bible: From the New Testament: Gospels of John, Mark, Luke and the book of Romans. From the Old Testament: Psalms & Proverbs.
- Read until you get a blessing (don't worry about understanding it all).
- How to be consistent in your Bible reading? Don't eat until you have read your Bible!
2nd: Regularly Attend a Bible preaching church
- Your goal is to become like Jesus - It says in Luke 2:42, 46 that Jesus' parents had been looking for 3 days for their lost son and they found Jesus in the temple (church).
- Hebrews 10:25a tells Christians, "NOT forsaking the assembling of ourselves together."
- The healthy believer should be able to say like David said in Psalm 122:1, "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord."
- Psalm 92:13, "Those that be planted IN the house of the Lord shall flourish IN the courts of our God."
- If the church you were attending never showed you how to be saved then get out and go where the gospel is preached.
- Choose a church where God would be happy to attend and where the devil and his crowd would be made miserable if they attended.
3rd: Confess Sin Quickly
- Proverbs 28:13, "He that coverth his sins shall NOT prosper, but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall HAVE mercy.'
- 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- After you become a Christian you will still sin. (1 John 1:7-8)
- Christ didn't save you because you were good, but rather because He was good. (Romans 5:8)
- When you sin you won't lose your salvation (John 6:37), but you will lose the joy of your salvation; so quickly confess your sin and the joy will return (Psalm 51).
4th: Focus on God's Pleasure Not your Own
- Revelation 4:11a tells us why God made us, "For Thou hast created ALL things, and for THY PLEASURE they are and were created."
- You will grow if everyday your focus is on living to make God happy and not yourself. As you make God happy you will then experience joy and fulfillment yourself.
- At some point in your Christian life people will disappoint you and if you're living merely to please people you'll be in despair.
5th: Talk to God in prayer about Everything
- Philippians 4:6b, "In EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
- Jeremiah 33:3a, "Call unto Me, and I will answer thee."
- God wants to be your best friend. Talk to Him as like you would to your best friend.
- As you read the Bible God talks to you, but in prayer you learn to talk to God. If you are going to be a growing Christian you need a god balance of both.
- Pray delights God for it shows that we are depending entirely on Him for any growth to take place in our life. John 15:5, "Without Me ye can do NOTHING."
6th: Be around people that are seeking to win souls
- In Luke 19:10 Jesus tells us why He left heaven and came to earth. "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."
- Jesus died on the cross that lost souls might be saved (John 3:16).
- Proverbs 11:30b says, "He that winneth souls is wise."
- Proverbs 13:20, "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."
- When you attend a Bible preaching church, look to make closest friends with those who ware seeking to win the lost.
7th: Obey the Lord in Believer's Baptism
- 1 Peter 2:21 commands believers to follow Christ's example.
- In Matthew 3:13-17 we see Jesus being baptized by John the Baptist in the river Jordan. Jesus didn't need to be baptized to wash away sin for He never sinned. Jesus was baptized because it was right (vs. 15) and because He wanted to please the Father (vs. 16-17).
- Nowhere in scripture does the Bible teach sprinkling of infants. Therefore, if you want to grow, find a church that only baptizes believers by immersion as Jesus was.
- Study the book of Acts and note all those getting baptized have either repented or have believed prior to their getting baptized.
- Try to attend a baptismal service where they baptize believers by immersion. After your convinced it is the right thing to do then follow Christ's example and get baptized yourself. (It will please the Lord) Matt. 3:16,17.
8th: Learn the blessing of giving and serving
BIBLE TEACHING ON THESE TOPICS:
- Acts 20:35b, "Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
- It is not just the giving of money, but also time and talents. Jesus said in Mark 10:45, "For even the Son of man came NOT to be ministered unto, but to MINISTER, and to GIVE HIS LIFE a ransom for many."
- God wants you to begin to trust Him with your money by giving 10% of your income to a good Bible preaching church. Malachi 3:10, "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse prove me NOW herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
- After all Jesus has done for you begin now to live for Him by ACTIVELY serving the Lord by helping others grow in the Bible preaching church you're attending. Jesus tells Peter 3 times in John 21:15-17 that the way we show our love for God is by feeding the lambs and the sheep in the flock of a Bible preaching church.
9th: Allow the Christ who lives in you to live His life out of you
BIBLE TEACHING ABOUT THIS CONCEPT:
- If you have been saved, you have allowed Jesus who was knocking at your heart's door (Revelation 3:20) to enter into your life.
- John 14:20b says of the believer, "I am in My Father, and ye in me, and I in you." WOW!!
- The Christian life can be very challenging, but note these words of hope in Colossians 1:27c, "Christ IN you, the HOPE of glory,"
- Only Christ can live the Christian life consistently and successfully.
- The more fully you allow Christ to live His life OUT of you the more you'll grow and also enjoy the Christian life (John 15).